Day 1: Arrival, restaurant visit
- December 15
- You will be picked up from airport or some other location in city and transported to your hotel in Delhi.
- Chef Rajeev will meet you and we’ll have a gourmet dinner in one of top restaurants in Delhi. The guests will be updated with a few details related to the tour like what to expect, what to wear and so on.
Day 2: Foodie tour, market visit
- December 16
- Activities: Food walk in Delhi, Sightseeing
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner during food walk.
- Our first day in Delhi begins with visits to the Delhi landmarks. We see Lotus Temple, a Baha’i house of worship built in 1986 and a 72 m tall Bangla Sahib Gurudwara, Delhi. Delhi Agra Jaipur Golden triangle tour package of India tower built in 1193, the Qutub Minar.
- By noon we begin the food tour of Delhi, starting with old Delhi.
- We also go to see the spice market of Delhi and a temple which houses a charitable kitchen and feeds more than 10,000 people everyday.
Day 3: Excursions
- December 17
- Activities: Delhi sightseeing. Optional: Half day cooking class.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
- Day 2 in Delhi will include visiting its famous and not so famous corners. To start the tour, we’ll first visit Humayun’s Tomb, a majestic monument built in remembrance of Humayun, the first proper Mughal king. The tomb’s design was used in Taj Mahal and the similarities between the two monuments is quite obvious.
- Next stop will be the grand Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple, a beautiful complex full of beautiful art, gardens and fountains. It’s also the world record holder for World’s Largest Comprehensive Hindu Temple.
- After lunch, we’ll visit the National Museum nearby, which is among the largest museums in India. A large number of articles ranging from pre-historic era to modern works of art are on display.
- Later, we will go to Raj Path and see President’s House, India Gate and gardens around it. India Gate is a war memorial constructed in memory of soldiers who died during World War 1 and Anglo Afghan wars.
- After a short walk, it’ll be time to head back to the hotel.
Day 4: Excursions
- Activities: Visit to Taj Mahal, Agra
- Meals: Breakfast and Dinner
- A day to visit one of the wonders of the world, the Taj Mahal. It is a three hours drive from Delhi to Agra. We start early in the morning from Delhi.
- We reach Agra and check-in to the hotel. After some rest we go to visit the Taj Mahal.
- Taj Mahal, Agra tour, India. Any picture does not truly justify the actual beauty of the monument. You can spend some time here having a look at the intricate work and the wonderful detailing. You can then opt to take a walk in the wonderful lawns as you enjoy the beauty of the fountains. You may also wish to take some pictures on the marble benches just like some world known celebrities.
- After visiting the Taj Mahal, we head towards the Agra Fort made of red sandstone and learn about its history walking through the various parts of the fort and enjoying the breathtaking views of the city of Agra as well as the Taj Mahal. Agra was capital of Mughal empire for a long time and it’s quite obvious from their lavish palaces and the attention to detail visible in every aspect of the construction.
Day 5: Transfer, foodie tour, market visit, excursion
- December 19
- Activities: Food walk in Jaipur, Sightseeing, Jaipur
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during food walk.
- We will leave Agra in morning and reach Jaipur in 3 hours. First job will be checking in the hotel for rest before getting ready for rest of the day which will include sightseeing and a food walk in the Pink city.
- It is a day long trip where you get to experience Jaipur and its original ethereal Jaipur food walk.
- We have a light breakfast and then spend time in the walled city of Jaipur.
- Along with sampling food, we also do some sight seeing such as Galta Jee Temple which houses a lot of monkeys and langoors and the Amer Fort. The sight seeing will depend on the time we have on hand.
- We will visit the local markets which are very colorful, fragrant and full of life with lots of people selling lots of things in their shops such as shoes, bangles, jewellery, clothes, utensils, spices, artifacts. The guests will be guided in the use of spices used in the traditional Rajasthani cooking.
Day 6: Excursions, royal dinner
- December 20
- Activities: Fun with elephants, Sightseeing, Jaipur
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- We spend this day sight seeing in the wonderful city of Jaipur. This city is known city as the Pink City. Here we first go to visit the Hawa Mahal, also known as the Palace of Wind. It is a 5 story tall monument with intricate lattice work and has 953 small jharokhas (windows).
- This morning, we go to spend some time with the elephants in the Pink City via Elefantastic. The elephants are gentle giants and highly trained.
- Before we begin the play time, you will be served a delicious traditional Rajasthani thali for lunch.
- After enjoying the meal, you can have as much time as you want feeding, riding and playing with the friendly and trained elephants. Then come the time to ride an elephant of your choice and ride into the open land.
- After a traditional Rajasthani lunch, we will visit some major landmarks of Jaipur city like Jaipur palace, Janatar Mantar, City Museum, Galta ji mandir, etc.
- Highlight of the evening will be a royal dinner with an old aristocratic family of Jaipur.
Day 7: Salt tour, excursions, entertainment
- Activities: Traditional cultural evening, Sightseeing, Osian, Jodhpur
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- This day, we travel to Osian near Jodhpur. For this we have to start early in the morning.
- On the way we stop at Sambahar Lake, India’s largest salt water lake which is the source of 9 percent of India’s total salt production. We will observe the process of salt making and will be able to do a bit of bird watching if lucky. Many migratory birds come here during winter, and it is a sight to behold.
- Then we will drive towards Osian desert camp near Jodhpur and camp there for the night. We then walk in the desert and enjoy the activities planned for the evening.
- The dinner will be a Rajasthani village meal, served around a camp fire. To make the night more fun, we have artisans and dancers from nearby villages who will present the traditional song and dance of the region.
Day 8: Excursion, cooking demonstration
- Activities: Desert safari on camels, Visit to local village, Sightseeing, Cooking class, Jodhpur
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (Dinner served with cooking class)
- We begin day 7 with a morning camel safari of the Thar desert. Here we will get to enjoy traveling over the countless sand dunes on elephant back and may also spot some wild life.
- We then go to a Bishnoi village nearby, where you get a chance to observe the village life, up close. If you are intereted, you may want to dress up like them and click a few pictures, spend some time in the village kitchens and also learn something about their domesticated animals. In short you will be able to live their lives for a while, and enjoy the simplicity of an Indian village. Then a drive to Jodhpur city to visit the Mehrangarh fort at 122 above the city. The fort includes attractions like the Sheesha Mahal, Moti Mahal, Fool Mahal and Takh Vilas, each a wonder in itself.
- When we get back in the evening, it is time to spend some time in an interactive cooking demo. Dinner includes the dishes prepared.
Day 9: Departure
- December 23
- On this last day of the food tour in India, we’ll drive back towards Delhi.
- If any of the guests need a drop to airport or railway station to their journey elsewhere, it will be arranged according to their requirements.